In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Thomaston Historical Society

Railroad Depot, Thomaston. ca. 1900

Contributed by Thomaston Historical Society
MMN Item 26658 Item Details
Railroad Depot, Thomaston. ca. 1900
MMN Item 26658 Zoom

Description

In 1871 when the Knox and Lincoln Railroad was built through Thomaston, the decision was made to keep the General Knox Farmhouse for use as a train depot. It was modified throughout the years for this use.

When the railroad company departed in 1956, the Daughters of the American Revolution took over the building, passing it over to the Thomaston Historical Society in 1971. All remnants of the railroad station have since been removed.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.