In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Thomaston Historical Society

The Lucette, Thomaston, ca. 1970s

Contributed by Thomaston Historical Society
MMN Item 26614 Item Details
The Lucette, Thomaston, ca. 1970s
MMN Item 26614 Zoom

Description

Captain Thomas Williams owned the mansard-roofed home built by Andrew McFarland in 1876 on East Main Street. The building replaced an existing house built by Sullivan Dwight in 1819.

Capt. Williams’ son, Captain Theodore Colley Williams, was killed in action in Soisons, France in July 1918, and his name was honored by the American Legion’s Williams-Brazier Post.

Dr. Irville Luce, a dentist, later purchased the home, and lived here with his wife and their two children. One of his daughters operated the house as a Convalescent home, known as The Lucette.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.