In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Thomaston Historical Society

West Main Street, Thomaston, ca. 1899

Contributed by Thomaston Historical Society
MMN Item 26600 Item Details
West Main Street, Thomaston, ca. 1899
MMN Item 26600 Zoom


This is a view taken from West Main Street, looking east toward the business block. The house on the left is that of Captain Richard Robinson, later owned by Dr. J. E. Walker and Mrs. Josephine Walker. Dr. Walker removed the house and built a Classic Colonial Revival home on the site in 1899.

The bay windows of what was then the Baptist parsonage are just visible through the trees on the right.

Mrs. Walker was very active in the DAR.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.