In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Thomaston Historical Society

Watts Block, Thomaston, 1890

Contributed by Thomaston Historical Society
MMN Item 26669 Item Details
Watts Block, Thomaston, 1890
MMN Item 26669 Zoom

Description

The Watts Block was built and presented to the inhabitants of the Town of Thomaston by prominent shipbuilder Captain Samuel Watts in 1890. The Telegraph Block, a wooden structure, is to the right of the newly built brick building. Dr. George L. Crockett's house is behind the Watts Block.

The Watts Block and the Telegraph Block were destroyed by fire in 1915, along with the Knox Hotel and stable.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.